cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jstbean
Frequent Visitor

Help with Patch for checked in list

Educator needing help!  I am totally stuck and ready to give up. Please help if you have an idea. 

I’m an educator and created an app that essentially is used to check families in as they arrive to pick up their students from school. In m first attempt, upon arrival each student has a check box that when selected populated their name into a collection on another page in order of arrival. But staff needs to be able to view the arrivals through the app or web browser sorted by arrival. I also need to be able to uncheck and remove the record from the arrival list and need to be able to reset the list completely at the end of the day. I've never had to patch records before. I’ve been trying to work this out for months and have had no success. I am sorry if this is a very basic concept. I am new to this, have no formal training. Just trying to create solutions. Thank you. This is original app pulled into collection. Screen 1 check in of parents arriving. Screen 2 collection results in order of arrival. This however needs to not be local, I need 50 staff to be able to view in real time. My data source is "LGE Car Rider Data from Survey" I have a column called picked up in that data source. 

3 REPLIES 3
StalinPonnusamy
Helper III
Helper III

Only one collection is sufficient. Collection should have all basic information with Boolean field (Check box) and Arrival Date (DateTime).

• Update the collection when user check/select the checkbox
  • Patch (Update) the source, So that all staff's can able to view the updated data

Please let me know, I can explain in detail if needed

The collection works fine, but It cannot only be local. I need to allow others in the building to access the arrival screen in real time. 

StalinPonnusamy
Helper III
Helper III

• Update the source using Patch operation
  • Use background timer to refresh the gallery. So every staff sees the updated info.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (48,383)