Helper III

Re: Help with building a request calendar using sharepoint

Sounds good.  Luv your work and Thanks! 🙂

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @rebeccas ,

I'm stuck with something hoping you can help.  As you know the calendar app that we work off of by default has 42 items to compensate for some of the months that has more days then others which can extend to the 6th row on the calendar.  For my app, it is showing some of the events from the next month on the bottom of the calendar, even though the calendar does not show the dates.  I'm trying to find a way to not show those.  I can't just shrink the number of items on the calendar, because I will miss some days on months that have more days to show.  I was thinking of messing around with the visible property of the subgallery that shows my events.  But i think it either shows the events or it doesn't, I dont think I can put logic in to show the ones that has their date shown on the calendar, and not show the ones that do not have the dates shown on the calendar.  Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Cal.JPG

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@rebeccas ,

FYI i think I am on to something. Dont want you to spend unneccesary time trying to figure it out. Thanks

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@UC3378 

I'm neck deep in something right now so I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. Just off the top of my head you might could make it not show if it is not in the current month selected...since that it is already a variable being set at the top with the arrow keys.

I will try and look more at it tomorrow if I can clean off my plate.

I need to work a few things out with that soon anyhow because I am doing a class at our local users group meeting on this in a few weeks and I need to get ready for it. 

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@rebeccas ,

No worries.  I think i am on to something I might be able to solve this.  Good luck with your work.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@rebeccas ,

I was able to fix it with the If( Title2.Visible = true, ThisItem.Title & " " & ThisItem.Location).  Basically if it shows the dates for that month, then show the events.  

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@UC3378 

I got it worked out where it shows only five rows for the calendar and a few other things. I posted a video a few days ago that shows all the pieces I've worked out so far. Check it out when you have time:

https://youtu.be/NFPaCqYSpUs

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@rebeccas ,

Thanks, I will check out the video.

BTW did you ever have problems with the time differences between sharepoint and powerapps?  It seems to be 3 hours off.  I checked the sharepoint settings it is set to UTC eastern, and powerapps i checked the DateValue under the Start Time_DataCard and it was set to Local.  I changed it to UTC but it is still off.  Wondering if you had this issue, and if you did, how did you resolve it? 

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@UC3378 

Our "SharePoint" settings are set to my current time zone but every single time I make a new Site I have to change the time zone to my current time zone again. For some reason that doesn't carry over. 

Have you checked the settings for that particular site you are noticing it being off with?

100% of the times I have had issues with date/time in PowerApps that use SharePoint list, that has been what it was for me.

Easy check if it is PowerApps or not is put a label that shows =Now() and see if it is showing the right date/time. If that shows correct...it is your SharePoint site.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@rebeccas ,

Sorry I havent gotten back to you sooner.  We have been scrambling around because of the covid virus and now working from home.  Thanks, the problem was with my sharepoint.  I thought I had checked before but i went back to double check and it was set to a different time zone.  So the time translation between SP and PA is working now.  There are still a few issues I would like to fix such as changing the hourly values in the start_time_datacard from a 24 hour format to a 12 hour format.  If changing it, wonder how that translates to sharepoint times.  Have you tried that?

And second, if I add an event that overlaps from 4 PM in Day 5 to 4 PM in Day 6 in sharepoint, it only shows up on Day 5 in powerapps (the times show correctly, but not the actual days).  Wondering if you have experience this as well?

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,833)