cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tearnest
Regular Visitor

Help with calendar

Hello I'm new to pa and I'm trying to build a calendar for work that we use for scheduling. I've used a gallery with a sequence to get the correct number of days each month. Each day needs 8 dropdowns and 1 text box. Since doing this in a gallery, every dropdown i created in 1 section also created a dropdown for all the others. Super time saver! 

Problem is, i need to be able to reference each dropdown individually throughout the month. I'll need to track who is signed up for what day, for each day. Is this possible or do I need to create 250+ dropdowns??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Tearnest 

Very good.

So, if you want to know what is on the 4th, then :

LookUp(Gallery1_1.AllItems, Value=4, Dropdown3_7.Selected.Value)

would give you the selected value from the dropdown in the fourth item.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Suilenroc
Frequent Visitor

An image of your set-up may be helpful, I am having a hard time visualizing your calendar.

I imagine there is something in the "ThisItem." operator that would make this easier for you. You can read about them here: Operators and Identifiers in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Tearnest 

Your Gallery(s) will already have all the data you need.  You can access the data directly to determine the scenarios. 

However, I'm not entirely tracking what it is that you are trying to determine.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Tearnest
Regular Visitor

Attached a screen shot to help explain. Only the drop downs in the box that have a 1 in the corner can be directly accessed in the tree view. Not sure how I can reference,  for example, an entry that's listed on the fourth since it's not in the tree view. 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Tearnest 

What is your Items property of the Gallery?

Right now it's just Items = Sequence(42) 

That will become more dynamic later though. 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Tearnest 

Very good.

So, if you want to know what is on the 4th, then :

LookUp(Gallery1_1.AllItems, Value=4, Dropdown3_7.Selected.Value)

would give you the selected value from the dropdown in the fourth item.

View solution in original post

Thank you so much!

Hello, 

I need a little further guidance here. I originally tried the lookup formula exactly as you wrote it in your response but it gave me an error for Invalid Name. 

I adjusted the formula from .Value to .Result which powerapp accepted (no error messages) but the result is not actually displaying in the text label. I also tried this in a Text box. I attached a screen shot to show the formula the label (p.s. the dropdown i'm using is PM1). 

Thanks for your help so far. It seems I'm so close on this but I can't seem to find a similar situation despite all my searches. 

Tearnest_1-1635027069790.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Tearnest 

You can't randomly choose Value or Result - you need to make sure that the column you are using is part of the records of the Dropdown as defined in the Items property.

What is the Items property of that dropdown (PM1)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,269)