Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pricey79
Helper V
Helper V

Help with different people using a form please

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me please

I have a form for people to enter monthly KPI's. I have four different groups that need to enter these KPI's.

Currently , I have four buttons , one for each group , that takes them to a page to their form. So each group has a new form screen and and edit form screen , so 8 screens in all.

Is there a better way of doing this please? Maybe with just one screen? Can I let the group choose who they are and all enter in the same form/screen please?

Thank you for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@pricey79 ,

If they are different records, they will not overwrite anything - is this what you mean ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @pricey79 ,

Firstly, you do not need two screens for new and edit - just change the Mode - NewForm(FormName) or EditForm(FormName). You can also use ViewForm(FormName). The next question I need to know is why you need different screens (do they have different fields). If so, just show/hide the fields depending on the group.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

@WarrenBelz  thank you for taking the time to reply. 

They do not have different fields, the only difference will be the group name. But if they all completed the fields on the same day for example, what would stop the second entry overwriting the first entry and changing the group name?

@pricey79 ,

If they are different records, they will not overwrite anything - is this what you mean ?

@WarrenBelz I think so yes :0)

Thanks for your help 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,624)