cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snipesnab
Helper II
Helper II

Help with error: Office365Users.DirectReportsV2 failed: The method 'DirectReportsV2' has an invalid value for parameter 'id'

Hi,

I am working on an Org Chart app.

I have a Gallery that is set with the following setting: Items = Office365Users.DirectReportsV2(varCurrentUser).value

varCurrentUser is set OnStart - Set(varCurrentUser,Office365Users.MyProfileV2().userPrincipalName)  

I have also tried - Set(varCurrentUser,User().email) - same error

The app seems to work, however it keeps throwing the following error when it launches:

Office365Users.DirectReportsV2 failed: The method 'DirectReportsV2' has an invalid value for parameter 'id'

Any help to get rid of the error will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Barry

1 REPLY 1
PaulD1
Super User
Super User

The Office365Users connectors will simply error if there is anything 'unexpected' - like the user cannot be found or if you ask for a user's manager and they don't have one specified in AD.

The only way I know to suppress the errors is to turn on the Experimental Setting 'Formula Level Error Management' - note though that after turning this setting on, existing formulas may return different results/behaviours, so you'll need to do a thorough retest of the App.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,320)