cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PoohBear
Level 8

Help with filter on Gallery

I am building a Parking Exchange app. When a user takes PTO it automatically lists their parking spot for others to reserve. I have two SharePoint lists that I am storing in collections. One collection is filtered to show all the reserved spots for the current user. The other collection shows all the unclaimed parking spots. I am trying to figure out how to filter the unclaimed spots by start date if the user currently has a reserved spot for the same start date. 

I am using two Galleries. So far I can get it filter if I put a text field in the gallery and set the Text value to the "Start Date". However that only gives the value of the first entry instead of the "Start Date" for all rows. Therefore, it only filters for the first entry. 

How can I have it filter the Unclaimed Spots to only show rows that are not equal to the Start Dates which the current user already has a claimed a spot for? Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PoohBear
Level 8

Re: Help with filter on Gallery

I figured it out. I filtered the "My Reserved Spots" collection (when I was collecting not in the Gallery Items) by the current user and then applied the "ShowColumns" to only give me the "Start Date" column. Then I filtered the "UnclaimedSpots" collection in the Gallery Items like below. This then removed all the Unclaimed Spots that had the same "Start Date" that were in the "My Reserved Spots" collection. 

Filter(UnclaimedSpots,Not('Start Date Text' in [@MyClaimedSpots]))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PoohBear
Level 8

Re: Help with filter on Gallery

I figured it out. I filtered the "My Reserved Spots" collection (when I was collecting not in the Gallery Items) by the current user and then applied the "ShowColumns" to only give me the "Start Date" column. Then I filtered the "UnclaimedSpots" collection in the Gallery Items like below. This then removed all the Unclaimed Spots that had the same "Start Date" that were in the "My Reserved Spots" collection. 

Filter(UnclaimedSpots,Not('Start Date Text' in [@MyClaimedSpots]))

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,048)