Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ezi79
Helper III
Helper III

Help with filtering data table based on person

Hi 

I am trying to filter data table based on person column. 

I added a combobox (Person)and 

Display Field : I'm tring to set it to Display name but it reverting back to Result

Item :Distinct(' Power app PG',Name.DisplayName)

Filter('Power app PG', CBNameSearch.Selected.Result || Name =CBNameSearch.Selected.Result)

Name is my person column , I get incompatible type of comparison This type can not be compared Record/Text

Obviously I m doing something wrong here I can not find any example to show person filed in Combo box (from sharepoint list ) and filter by Person column . What is the best way of doing this?

Many thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ezi79 

This is correct - when you use the Distinct function it returns a table with a single column called Result.  That will represent the results of what the function found as distinct.

The problem is in your filter statement as it is trying to compare a record to a string.  The record being Name.

So your formula should be:

Filter('Power app PG', Name.DisplayName =CBNameSearch.Selected.Result)

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@ezi79 

This is correct - when you use the Distinct function it returns a table with a single column called Result.  That will represent the results of what the function found as distinct.

The problem is in your filter statement as it is trying to compare a record to a string.  The record being Name.

So your formula should be:

Filter('Power app PG', Name.DisplayName =CBNameSearch.Selected.Result)

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

That's great thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,180)