cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Help with limiting edit rights between SharepPoint and PowerApps

Hi, really hoping somebody can help with an issue I'm having.

Currently I have a list of actions in a SharePoint list which are displayed in PowerApps, with action owners only able to see the actions that have been assigned to them (this was done by verifying using their email address in a separate column). Using PowerApps the owners can provide information on progress which updates the corresponding record in the SharePoint list.

The issue I have is that if an action owners visits the actual SharePoint list they are able to make changes to every column in the records assigned to them, which they ideally shouldn’t be able to do e.g. they could amend a due date or even delete a record.

I wondered if there was an obvious solution to this problem that somebody could point me in the direction of? It would be great if you could assign permissions by column by my understanding is that this functionality is not currently available. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Chappy024,

There is a known issue and the product team is working on that, please see MM222544 and SP222555 in the admin center for details.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Thanks @KrishnaV , although I should add that the system is working fine as it should, I'm just looking for a solution to improve security.

I may have misunderstood, but those references appear to be related to a recent issue people are experiencing as opposed to adding the additional functionality I'm after?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (76,747)