Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlHRVA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Help with multiple condition if statement

Hello,

I know this has been asked before but I'm really struggling to write my formula to check two conditions before evaluating to true or false. I understand that you need to nest them somehow because the formula will not complete any other steps once it recognizes a statement as true but I can't figure out how to write the formula. I have three buttons on my load screen for one of my apps(User, Manager and Read Only buttons). For the User button, I have a list of users in a SharePoint list that I use to determine whether this button/screen should be visible to the current user.

The formula for that is:

IsBlank(
LookUp(
CollectorMasterList,
Title = CurrentUserName
).Title
)

The formula for my Read-only button uses Flow, SharePoint Groups and variables to determine if this button should be visible. The formula for that is:

If(
OpsFinUser.isopsfinuser = "True",
true,
false
)

What I cannot seem to figure out is how do I create a formula for my 3rd button that says: If the current user is not in the user master list and isopsfinuser = "false" then the visible property on my 3rd button is = "true". 

Currently in my attempt to nest the conditions my formula is a mess and looks like this:

IsBlank(LookUp(CollectorMasterList, Title), And(Title = CurrentUserName).Title),OpsFinUser.isadminuser = "false"), "true");

Thanks for any help! 

@wyotim  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CarlHRVA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Found this thread here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Help-with-Nested-IF-statement/m-p/482893

which I somehow missed the last 2 hours. Figured it out based on the reply from mdevaney there. Formula ended up looking like this:

If(IsBlank(
LookUp(
UserMasterList,
Title = CurrentUserName
).Title
And OpsFinUser.isadminuser = "false"),true)

Thank you!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
CarlHRVA
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Found this thread here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Help-with-Nested-IF-statement/m-p/482893

which I somehow missed the last 2 hours. Figured it out based on the reply from mdevaney there. Formula ended up looking like this:

If(IsBlank(
LookUp(
UserMasterList,
Title = CurrentUserName
).Title
And OpsFinUser.isadminuser = "false"),true)

Thank you!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (40,097)