Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbrines
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Help with updating Text Labels with Person and Date/Time

Hi Guys,

Below is an App edit page

When I click on Yellow Card Sent I want it to put the current user of the app display name as well as update the field in the SharePoint List

When I click on the Yellow Reason I want it to put in the current date and time as well as updating the field in the SharePoint List.

Currently in the OnChange of the button field of Yellow Card Sent I have

UpdateContext({var2:User()})

And on the Update of the Yellow Issued By I have tried below, but it doesn't like it as it is expecting a record value

var2.FullName

Username1.JPG

Currently for Yellow Reason OnChange I have

UpdateContext({var:Now()})

On the Yellow Issued Date card I have 

var

The issue with the date and display name part is that when I click on + to create a new item the date and display name are put in instead of waiting for me to make my changes.

John.

45 REPLIES 45

@RandyHayes for part 1 do you mean this?

Warning2.JPG

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@jbrines 

Yes, I was going by the fact that you had a label in that datacard before.  So, keep the label and set as mentioned.  You can make the datepicker and hour min dropdowns not visible - they are not needed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes 

Getting a warning when I do part 2.

Warning3.JPGWarning4.JPGWarning5.JPG

@RandyHayes I worked it out as I was using the wrong label changed it and worked a treat.

Yet again many thanks for your help.

I am now going to go on and make the changes for the red cards 😃

jbrines
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@RandyHayes 

When I type in a name in the User combi box, I would like it to fill in their manager name and manager email address in list columns Manager (Person) Manager Email address (Single Line of Text). I want to sue this in a flow to send an email to their manager whenever they get a yellow or red card. Do I have to use Office365 connection or can I use it from SharePoint connection?

John.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@jbrines 

You will need to use the Office365 Connector in order to get the manager information.

However, if you are already planning to do this in a Flow, why not just grab those values in the Flow and send accordingly?  You could certainly do it in your app, but it would involve that connector and you would then need to store this in your list item.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

@RandyHayes To do it in the Flow, do I need to connect to Office 365 in there?

John.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@jbrines 

Yes, at some point you will need to have a connector to Office 365 Users as that will be the only place where the information is found.

@RandyHayes The time created in the app is set to 00:00 is there any way we can get the time to be the time it was set?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@jbrines 

Are you stating that it is written in the list as 00:00 or that it is just displaying the time in the app as 00:00?

AND, are we talking about what is displayed in the label or are you still showing the datepicker and hour and minute dropdowns?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,057)