Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olsen9
Resolver I
Resolver I

Help with updating datacard values but using different set of screens

Screen 1 - ID = 1

Screen 2 - ID = Screen 1 ID +1

Need to then update datacardvalue from Screen 1 ID with new value from screen 2.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
olsen9
Resolver I
Resolver I

I was able to figure out a solution using TextInputs on both screens and setting a UpdateContext({var:textInput1 +1}) and store the value in the form for each textInputs.  Each time the button was pressed the counter increases by 1 and sets the ID correctly.  Example  Item 1 = ID is 1, sub item ID (button pressed) ID is 1.1 then 1.2

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @olsen9 ,

First set a Variable to the current ID (on Gallery OnSelect)

Set(gblID,ThisItem.ID)

The Item of the first form

LookUp(
   DataSource,
   ID=gblID
)

and the second form

LookUp(
   DataSource,
   ID=gblID + 1
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

olsen9
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks but that is not what I'm looking for.

I have a sharepoint form that has 2 screens  

1 screen has data that can be entered

2 screen has separate data that can be entered

However I need to update 1 field from screen 1 when I am on screen 2.  My guess is using a Patch command but unsure

@olsen9 ,

I am a little lost exactly what you are trying to do with your reference Screen 2 - ID = Screen 1 ID +1 if it is not what I posted - can you please provide more detail.

olsen9
Resolver I
Resolver I

I was able to figure out a solution using TextInputs on both screens and setting a UpdateContext({var:textInput1 +1}) and store the value in the form for each textInputs.  Each time the button was pressed the counter increases by 1 and sets the ID correctly.  Example  Item 1 = ID is 1, sub item ID (button pressed) ID is 1.1 then 1.2

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PWREduCon768x460.png

Join us at PWR EduCon - A Power Platform Conference

Learn from the top Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate & Power Virtual Agents experts!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,049)