cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with using a Flow and sending Bulk emails

Hello! I'm super new to power apps and even newer to flows.

The extent on what I've done so far is create buttons that patch Sharepoint records for current users. What I'm trying to do now is send out some bulk emails to a number of users dynamically. Let's say I click on the second gallery item and move to the next screen, I'm trying to send out an email from the current user on a button press to all of the users who belong to that second section (As denoted by their Sharepoint item which has a column for session). I've tried doing this with ForAll directly in power apps but it seems a flow is needed. I'm unsure how to pass this number, which is a variable in my power apps, into the flow and filter who gets my email.

Sorry, I know this is a involved question, and I may have not worded something super well, so let me know if I can provide screenshots.

12 REPLIES 12

Thanks @TheNewGuyAtWork ,

Is this what you are trying to do?

ClearCollect(
   StudentCollection,
   Filter(
      'WkShp Registration List',
      Session_x0020_ID_x003a_Title.Id=2
   ).Email_x0020_Address
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

YES Exactly! Thank you. I changed my code to now have the ID that changes:

ClearCollect(
StudentCollection,
Filter(
Session_x0020_ID_x003a_Title.Id= varParentItem.SessionID
).Email_x0020_Address
)

The last issue I face before I think I can throw the collection in the for all, is that the email was a nested record. Meaning the email field I just filtered by has its own set of attributes. I tried doing .....).Email_x0020_Address.Email or 'Email' but I get an error. I'll send a pic of what it filtered down to, but I have to blank out the personal info.

Thanks @TheNewGuyAtWork ,

You gotta love complex field types (I totally avoid them - you might have a quick read of this blog of mine ) - however try this

ClearCollect(
   StudentCollection,
   AddColumns(
      Filter(
         Session_x0020_ID_x003a_Title.Id=varParentItem.SessionID
      ),
      "EMailAddress",
      Email_x0020_Address.Email
   ).EmailAddress
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,499)