cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheClusk

Help with where to start

I want to create something easier for my colleagues.

We have a rota and leave process which is very messy

current process...

Staff wants leave > check capacity rota to see if time is available > submit leave request > Admin receive request > Admin update rota > send update to manager > Update staffs leave card

This is all done by excel spreadsheets

problem is how many steps there are and sometimes my manager doesn't see the leave request too.

I want something like...

Staff member wants to submit leave > checks leave rota (not sure if an excel sheet is the best way to present this) > requests leave (via powerapp/forms) > automatic approval sent to manager > once manager approves this is automatically sent to admin team > they then amend rota?

something like that.

Wasn't sure on the best way to do it...

forms then powerapp?

Sharepoint site with list and automation?

any help would be appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@TheClusk 

My suggestions would be...

A PowerApp for your interface for both employees and managers.  Skip trying to get them to use the SharePoint interface.

Use SharePoint as your data list - it will be easier and more flexible than trying to use Excel for it.

PowerAutomate flows that will send the appropriate requests to managers and responses to users.  (you can do this all in the app as well, but it would be easier to manage outside of the app).

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes
TheClusk

Thank you for your reply. That sounds great, i'm going to give this a go

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (38,466)