cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianS
Level: Powered On

Helpdesk sample app Assignment dropdown

The assign to dropdwn is fed from the SP list. The list column is a "Person" field. I have that column set to use the group owners. There are three owners, but nothing shows in the dropdown. Is there a way to check to see if the list is populated? Can I just make that a choice field and set the technician names there?

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Helpdesk sample app Assignment dropdown

Hi @BrianS ,

Do you want to customize the assign to card?

I  suggest you use combo box instead of drop down control.

Since "Person" field is a complex type, the data inside is a table.

Try to use combo box, set its items: Choices(listname.fieldname)

Set primary text and search text to DisplayName

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
BrianS

Sorry for the lack of clarity - it is a combo box. I have left it unchanged after I installed the app. 

It is set to "Choices(HelpDesk.AssignedTo)"

I put this in the OnStart property of the app to test things: "Collect(AssignList,HelpDesk.AssignedTo)"

The collection is blank as well. I guess I could change this to a list set up in the OnStart as the status list is,  but just trying to figure out why this isn't working.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @BrianS ,

The OnStart property only works when you play the app outside the app's edit mode.

Since you are acually in edit mode, the property does not work.

You could play it in the applist and to see whether it works.744_LI.jpg

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
brian704
Level: Power Up

I've done that and selected the "Run OnStart" from the Left App menu. Still the same issue - 

Daniel8
Level: Power Up

I have the same issue... 

Just wenn ich change the setting from User to User and Groups, I can see two of our Sharepoint Teamsites..

Have you found a solution??

BrianS

We did not find a way to make this work as written. I ended up creating a SP list for Admins and Techs. It only contains the Name, email and whether the person is an Admin or Tech. I read this into a collection on start and then have a variable to test which category the user is in - Admin, Tech or user if they are not in the SP list. That way we can still email the correct people using the flows included.

Hope that helps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,152)