cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide Data Card when value is blank

I have a bunch of data cards bound to columns in a SharePoint list. Is there a way to hide an entire data card on a DisplayScreen if the value associated with the data card is blank? FYI, the data card value is set to Parent.Default, where Parent is the SharePoint list column bound to the data card.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ancherl
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,@JML

According to your statement, I design a demo to test it. In my opinion, you should make sure that which data card may be blank and set the Visible property as follows:

If(IsBlank(ThisItem.fieldName),false,true)

Above is my understanding, if my thought is not correspond to your question, please feel free to contact me and clarify your question in more details

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ancherl
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,@JML

According to your statement, I design a demo to test it. In my opinion, you should make sure that which data card may be blank and set the Visible property as follows:

If(IsBlank(ThisItem.fieldName),false,true)

Above is my understanding, if my thought is not correspond to your question, please feel free to contact me and clarify your question in more details

View solution in original post

Hi,

I have amended my powerapp as you suggested and strangely enough it worked on the first datacard that I added this function to, but from then it will not work on any other datacard.

Any clues why this should be, please

Peter

CCiancimino
Regular Visitor

I'm a little late to the conversation, but just ran into this issue with a view form where I wanted to hide empty fields. The new self function may be pointed to the data card default value. The below can be placed into the  (edit: visible property of the) parent, or applied to every field where you want to hide blank values.

Not(IsBlank(Self.Default))

The value returned is a bool, so no need for an if statement.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (32,024)