cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Hide Hamburger menu when clicked anywhere on screen

Hello All,

I am currently working on showing a hamburger menu in Powerapps. I am using a variable that is used to show/hide the menu. However I am facing some issues with hiding the menu when clicked anywhere on screen.

I am hiding the menu, when clicked on hamburger icon or when user goes from one screen to another. To hide/show the menu I have used a variable that is set to true when we want to show the menu and set to false when we want to hide it. We can set the variables value using the OnSelect or OnVisible Property in Powerapps. 

But currently to hide the menu user needs to click on the hamburger icon but I want to hide the menu when user clicks anywhere on the screen. To hide the menu I am changing the variables value and to change the variables value we need  the OnSelect property on Screen but  Powerapps doesn’t support OnSelect property for screen.

Kindly help me in solving this issue.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Hide Hamburger menu when clicked anywhere on screen

@mdk 

So typically what we will do is to put a full screen rectangle (icon) on the screen.  Move the display order of it backward until it is under your menu.  We usually set the Fill property to RGBA(0,0,0,.65) - this will give us a semi-transparent effect (showing all the other controls under it).  Then, use the OnSelect action of that icon to put your logic to hide the menu.

Just remember (especially as you add new controls) - the order of controls is important - the top is your menu, then the "blocker" rectangle, then all your other controls.  (we typically will group items so its easier to change those orders later if needed).

I hope this helps and gives you some fuel for thought.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,402)