cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sironman
Frequent Visitor

Hide Popup message on opening the form

Hello,

I have a form that is a list of training courses, which is linked to SharePoint. Users come and edit the form by checking off training courses as they are completed. Basically, I'd like to have a confirmation message that appears when they check off a course. I have an exit button on the message that closes the form.

For the message, I have for the Visible property = varPopUp

For the courses, I have for the OnChange property = UpdateContext({varPopUp : true})

For the exit button, I have for the OnSelect property = UpdateContext({varPopUp : false}); RequestHide()

This seems to work just fine. The problem occurs when users don't click the exit button and instead X out of the browser or browser tab. When they return to their form, the confirmation message is still there.

I tried including UpdateContext({varPopUp : false}) for the screen's OnVisible property, but that seemed to do nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @sironman ,

Put this at Screen OnVisible

UpdateContext({varPopUp : false})

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Thanks, but when I put that for the Screen's OnVisible property, nothing seems to happen. The message remains on the screen when users open the form again.

Hi @sironman ,
One of the dangers of modifying SharePoint Integrated Forms - they are still "buggy" in a lot of ways. Try also putting that on the OnCancel, but other than that there are no other settings to change.

One last thing, if you make it a Global Variable (you will have to get rid of the other one)

Set(varPopup,true)

you could try at App OnStart

Set(varPopup,false)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

sironman
Frequent Visitor

Thanks! I was afraid it was just buggy, and that seems to be the case. I tried switching the variable to a global one and using the Set function, but it’s still not working right.

I have noticed that if a user checks off a training course as complete, the pop up message remains even if they return to the form. But if the user unchecks the course, the pop up message will hide. Not sure what’s going on there, but I wonder if it has something to do with the OnChange property. I’m going to try to reconfigure this and see if doing the message as a separate screen helps in any way. Thanks for you let help!

Hi @sironman ,

The main thing you have to do with pop-ups is reset the Variable to false on everything the user can do where the popup is not needed. The complication you have with an integrated form is that the user can exit the app from "outside". In a standalone app, you can put a full-screen rectangle set to fairly transparent behind the pop-up, but over the form, that way, they cannot do anything other than exit the pop-up on the button you provide.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,338)