Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s1hl3_ukuvuma
Frequent Visitor

Hide PowerApps Navigation Bar Permanently

Hi there,

I would like to hide the PowerApps navigation bar permanently for my app:

navigationbar.PNG

I have been using the "&hidenavbar=true" to hide it after I have launched the app, but I want don't want to do this everytime I launch the app.

If I modify the apps link with the above it does not find the app.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iAm_ManCat
Super User II
Super User II

Hi,

If you modify your link as below, you should be able to remove the bar:

https://web.powerapps.com/webplayer/iframeapp?source=iframe&appId=/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/APPID

Where APPID is the AppID string:
image.png

Cheers,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@s1hl3_ukuvuma 

If you're lanuching the App from within the PowerApp player/list, I don't believe there is any option to permanently remove it other than what you are doing. 

Here are two possible options:

1) Don't have people launch from the PowerApp panel - instead use the "Enable app embedding user experience" and embed your App in an HTML page with an iFrame.  There you can specify the URL with the hidenavBar=true set.

Downside is that you are dealing with an HTML page somewhere - not as convenient as the list.

2) Create another App to launch your primary App.  The new App would only do one thing...Launch(yourUrl)

Downside is that the "launcher" app, will not be replaced on launch (i.e. It would remain open as well - however, you could put a timer on it and then close it within the app)

Beyond that...I would only suggest putting a Idea in the idea forum here.  I did a quick search...I don't see any ideas currently that deal with that.

Hope this helps some.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
iAm_ManCat
Super User II
Super User II

Hi,

https://web.powerapps.com/webplayer/iframeapp?source=iframe&appId=/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/APPID

image.png

Cheers,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

Hi @iAm_ManCat 

@iAm_ManCat wrote:

Hi,

image.png

Cheers,

ManCat

Any idea as to when I use my app id, it displays the following message;
"That link didn't work. Please check it and try again.
Make sure that your web address is properly formatted and includes an app ID."

I have also attached the screenshot 

Ah!

Yes formatting is important! As the error message says, it should have /apps/ on the end:

https://web.powerapps.com/webplayer/iframeapp?source=iframe&appId=/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apps/APPID

Thanks for spotting that!

Cheers,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thank you for this. This is working great except I believe there is now a change to the URI https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/embed-apps-dev

I've tried the new URI and getting the Nav bar. Do you have a solution?

Hey @Anonymous

Thanks for pointing that out - I've played around a bit with the URI and we can actually go back to using &hidenavbar=true again it seems:

https://apps.powerapps.com/play/APPID?source=iframe&hidenavbar=true

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes and thank you - that's what I have now done - it is much neater! 

I did try this solution, however it did not work for me.

skc2612
Regular Visitor

This doesnt work for model driven app throws error.

However for better good I have a solution from UI end.

If you are using React in PCF, paste the below code within the Main Class or Function.

let topBar = window.parent.document.querySelector('[data-id="topBar"]'as any ; // to hide top navbar with SANDBOX written on it.
topBar ? topBar.style.display = "none" : null;
let commandbar = window.parent.document.querySelector('[data-id="commandBar_0"]'as any ; 
// to hide the entire navigation ribbon containing every other useful/useless buttons
commandbar ? commandbar.style.display = "none" : null;
 However if the user wishes to disable the buttons from security roles then i would suggest to checkout this below link which explains which of the checkboxes to click or disable to have the buttons hidden. I know its pathetic but thats how Microsoft Power Platform works.

These remaining code is useful if the user wishes to hide a particular DIV from the UI perspective and if the user wishes to hide more, go and inspect the div and find its id or data-id to hide the same. Works good for me.

window.parent.document.getElementById("commandbar-HomePageGrid:cr504_my4cast_fno_to_cds_sync")
    ? window.parent.document.getElementById("commandbar-HomePageGrid:cr504_my4cast_fno_to_cds_sync")!.style.display = "none": null;
    window.parent.document.getElementById("ShowChartPane")
    ? window.parent.document.getElementById("ShowChartPane")!.style.display = "none": null;
    window.parent.document.getElementById("OpenEntityDashboard")
    ? window.parent.document.getElementById("OpenEntityDashboard")!.style.display = "none": null;
    window.parent.document.getElementById("changeVisualization-Parent_button0")
    ? window.parent.document.getElementById("changeVisualization-Parent_button0")!.style.display = "none": null;
    window.parent.document.getElementById("cr504_my4cast_fno_to_cds_sync|NoRelationship|HomePageGrid|Mscrm.Modern.refreshCommand10")
    ? window.parent.document.getElementById("cr504_my4cast_fno_to_cds_sync|NoRelationship|HomePageGrid|Mscrm.Modern.refreshCommand10")!.style.display = "none"
    : null// to hide top navbar
    window.parent.document.getElementById("cr504_my4cast_fno_to_cds_sync|NoRelationship|HomePageGrid|Mscrm.HomepageGrid.cr504_my4cast_fno_to_cds_sync.Send.Menu0_splitButton")
    ? window.parent.document.getElementById("cr504_my4cast_fno_to_cds_sync|NoRelationship|HomePageGrid|Mscrm.HomepageGrid.cr504_my4cast_fno_to_cds_sync.Send.Menu0_splitButton")!.style.display = "none"
    : null

To all the Microsoft PowerApp contributors, if you are providing a platform make it flexible so the actual  developers aren't harassed with such platforms as well make the Platform usage well documented(10 times more than what's there now) to the extreme rather that updating the development UI experiences, so that we dont require to kill ourselves to find a simple solution for these.

I want to know how can i Join two PowerPlatform Tables and have the joined table in my PCF context for usage? If anyone with accurate information please reply to this thread.

Cheers 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,312)