cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide PowerApps purple header bar

Is there a way to hide the purple header bar in PowerApps when in Production? it isn't terrible looking 🙂 but does eat up some of the real estate especially on smaller windows. 

Annotation 2019-11-13 152301.png

8 REPLIES 8
Super User II
Super User II

How do you access your app? Windows app or using a browser? You would have some control using a browser.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

How do you run the App? 

Expect edit in PowerApps studio, this purple header bar would appear when the app runs in browser. 

And I'm afraid there in no setting in PowerApps to remove it.

If you want this, please submit an idea to PowerApps Idea Forum: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas 

Best regards,

Sik

Anonymous
Not applicable

We use it in the browser. 

Hi  @Anonymous ,

That is what I posted, there is no setting or function in PowerApps to remove this purple bar.

I think you can submit an idea in PowerApps Idea Forum, if your feedback is high voted by other members, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas 

Best regards,

Sik

Helper I
Helper I

Have you tried adding "&hideNavBar=true" (without the quotes) on the end of the URL of your app?

Admittedly it's not an internal setting but if you share the URL to give users access to the app then you can add this in. 

That's excellent!

Sik

I'm baffled by the fact that Microsoft doesn't simply add an app level setting option selected the app author that would automatically adds the "&hideNavBar=true".

If someone deletes this part from the URL, the menu will appear again, right?

Best.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,943)