Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indhaa
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hide Submit button during Submit form

Hi,

So during Form Submission, I can see the submit. I would like to hide the button during Submit Form. For example if I'm submitting 3 Forms, it takes sometime in the screen (2 or 3 sec) before this is processed by PowerApps.  

Is it possible to do that.

On another note,  is this only happening to me due to my slow internet connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@indhaa Rather than hiding the submit button, it would be a better user experience if you can give the users a spinner or a progress bar.

A spinner is very easy to implement.

• Add a container control and fill it to the exact width and breadth of your screen.
  • Set this container to be a bit transparent (say 50 %).
  • Keep this container at the top of all the other controls in that Screen.
  • Add any animated gif to this container or just a simple lable saying, "Saving...."
  • Set the visible property of this Container to a variable.
  • In the OnSeclect of the Submit button, set this variable to true, do all your submit and then set this variable to false.

Hope this helps to enhance u'r user experience!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@indhaa Rather than hiding the submit button, it would be a better user experience if you can give the users a spinner or a progress bar.

A spinner is very easy to implement.

• Add a container control and fill it to the exact width and breadth of your screen.
  • Set this container to be a bit transparent (say 50 %).
  • Keep this container at the top of all the other controls in that Screen.
  • Add any animated gif to this container or just a simple lable saying, "Saving...."
  • Set the visible property of this Container to a variable.
  • In the OnSeclect of the Submit button, set this variable to true, do all your submit and then set this variable to false.

Hope this helps to enhance u'r user experience!

View solution in original post

indhaa
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi

Thanks a lot, that's a great idea.
However, the reason I want to hide it because someone might click on it during this process. In the screen, in the upper section it shows three dots to show progress. However if can, I want to hide the button since It doesn't look nice too with these button showing during this process.

I'm just adding an attachment of the screen during submission for me. Is this the same for everyone

indhaa
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Sorry. so I need to add a container to hide this,

I'm little bit new to container or is this rectangle ? can guide me a little on this

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@indhaa Firstly these flying dots are very unpredictable. Secondly, in your screen you have back  button. If you hide only the submit button, the user can still click the back button and go to the previous screen while the submit is still unfinished. But if you follow the suggestion I made, the users will not only be unable to click the submit but they can't click on anything till the submit is done. 

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@indhaa Yes you can use a Rectangle or even a big label (as big as your screen).

indhaa
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi,

Need your help on this

So I added the image and OnSelect property of the button I added first as this 

SubmitForm(Form1);
Set(varSpinner,true));

But when I add like above, if there is any Form error, cannot amend because the spinner is visible. In my App I like to show the submit button on Form load and show the errors msg during submission because of my experience with user with disabled Submit button.

So I amended as below. But now it it not showing the spinner or if showing, not submitting the form. Pls let me know what I'm doing wrong

SubmitForm(Form1);
If(Form1.Valid,Set(varSpinner,true)); 

So I amended as such. Will this be ok. This will not start the OnSuccess property of the button, right?

If(

!(Form1.Valid),

SubmitForm(Form1);Set(varSpinner,false),
                  SubmitForm(Form1);Set(varSpinner,true)

);

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,981)