cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VisibleFilm
Helper I
Helper I

Hide calculated field during data entry

Hi there - I have a form with a label that sums up the values of three other text boxes.  I'd like to hide this field during the data entry process, since it is caluclated and just clutters up the form and may confuse the person who is entering data.  I realize I could just set the visibility to false, but I would like to be able to see the field when clicking on the record in SharePoint(when the PowerApps form gets displayed in read only mode).  Is there a simple way to accomplish this?  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
medivestKT
Regular Visitor

if(Form.Mode = FormMode.New; true; false)

use that function on a visible property, not just false. When the form is in a new mode the field will not show, when the form is in edit or view mod the field will show.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
medivestKT
Regular Visitor

if(Form.Mode = FormMode.New; true; false)

use that function on a visible property, not just false. When the form is in a new mode the field will not show, when the form is in edit or view mod the field will show.

View solution in original post

You can parse this down to Form.Mode = FormMode.New since it reduces to either true or false.

Thanks so much to both of you, appreciate your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (58,277)