cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hide cards when empty content, is there a generic formula?

Hi! I have a form with A LOT of cards. I would like to hide the empty cards, i.e. cards where their "Default" value is  = "".

I can put in the "Visible" property of the card the formula "If(ThisItem.FIELDNAME="",false,true)". 
But I would need to customize the formula for EACH card of my form...

I would like to use a generic formula, so that it would be enough for me to CTRL+select all cards "on the left", then click on "Visible" property on the right and then paste the same formula on all the cards. One shot, and all cards would be automatically hidden when the content is empty. 

But I cannot find a generic formula, unfortunately. The "Default" property of the card ("If(Default="", false,true)" ) does not work. Too bad! 

Any idea? 
THX!
Bye,
A.-

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hide cards when empty content, is there a generic formula?

Like excel you dont need the if statement, so you can just do !IsBlank(Default) or you could use !IsBlank(Thisitem.Fieldname)  so you dont need the ,true, false and () to make managing the app easier. 

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks @Anonymous for you answer, but it is not a matter of "what function to use". The "Default" property seems not to be usable in the "Visible" property of a card.
I can access the "Parent.Default" property if I use it from a control contained in a card. e.g. I can set the "Visible" property of an editbox contained in a card to "!IsBlank(Parent.Default)"). But card's "Default" property seems not to be usable from the card itself. 

See below: you see? When I try to use your proposed function in the "view" property of a Card, it suggests me to use the "Defaults" function. If I keep on and select "Default" instead, it gives me  an error...

2018-10-11_0943.png

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sorry fo rhte late reply, have you tried using ThisItem and the field name, like ThisItem.Something.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy to jump on skype with you if you like, PM me if you want.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @KeithWhatlin: yes, as I wrote in the firts post, using ThisItem.<FieldName> works fine! But the issue is that each card has a different FieldName, of course. And I am looking for a formula that can be pasted with one single keystroke to ALL "View" properties of my different cards, with no changes. 

I don't want to write a "If (IsBlank(Thisitem.<FieldName>),false,true)" changing the FieldName for each single card...

(Thanks for offering, but I don't want to bother you in skype, also because we may be living in different timezones :-)) 

Bye!
A.-

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

i dont think it is not possible, i have seen a Suggestion in vote to add thisitem.me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,771)