cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hide field if user doesnt match

Hello,

I am new to PowerApps and I cant figure out certain formulas to what I need, so I apologize if anything I post sounds ridiculous. 

I am currently creating an app from a SharePoint List. The list has a column option of "Person or Group" meaning people wont have to type the names or emails manually since they are all part of the same Office365 group. 

I have a field that requires a signature, meaning whoever is selected on that "Person or Group" column should be the only one allowed to write on that field. I am currently using this formula on the visible choice:

If(User().Email = DataCardValue5.Selected.Email, Mail), true, false)

But this is all wrong since I get everything underline in red, any ideas with this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

The If() statement is unnecessary since you're returning true for a true case and false for a false case. This formula should work

User().Email = DataCardValue5.Selected.Email

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

The If() statement is unnecessary since you're returning true for a true case and false for a false case. This formula should work

User().Email = DataCardValue5.Selected.Email

View solution in original post

Thank you so much!

You're welcome

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,775)