cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ganesan_gowri
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hide "Icon" in edit screen based on clicking "button" in admin screen.

I have three screens. Input, Edit, Action. any user can input the data and it move to edit screen where in this screen i added "save, delete and navigate" icons. once end user inputs the fields and move to edit form screen where user can able to delete the record, before it move to the action screen but once the record has been move to the action screen and the admin clicks the Accept button means the only registered user has the access to delete the record in Edit Screen. So once admin click "accepts"  the "delete icon" in the edit form wants to disable. Im using Excel as a datasource. Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@ganesan_gowri
My code above will work but I think you might have some misunderstanding about this piece

User().Email

This code detects who the current person running the program is and gets their email address. It doesn’t matter if it’s a normal user or an admin it works for everyone.

Now please try the code in my original post in the Visible property of your Accept button.

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@ganesan_gowri
Put this code in the Visible property of your icon to make it hidden for everyone except the registered user

User().Email = “jsmith@companyname.com”

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks for the reply.

I need an icon that wants to display for both user and admin. user can delete  until the record moves to the admin screen. But once the record moves to admin screen there i used "accept button"" is clicked in that case admin only can delete the record. user has no option to delete.

@ganesan_gowri
My code above will work but I think you might have some misunderstanding about this piece

User().Email

This code detects who the current person running the program is and gets their email address. It doesn’t matter if it’s a normal user or an admin it works for everyone.

Now please try the code in my original post in the Visible property of your Accept button.

—-

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,554)