Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dirk
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hide screens

Hello,

Is there a possibility to hide screens in Powerapps?

I want to collect data with an Powerapps app. Depending on a selection the user makes different data is needed.

The screens could be hidden/shown depending on this selection.

Currently i can't see a possibility to influence a screens visibility state.

Would be nice to have...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rgruian
Power Apps
Power Apps

Please use the Navigate() and Back() functions to navigate to and from the screens you define. These functions can be used in behavior properties (actions), when you can also consult user input (selection in dropdowns, etc) and manipulate other data. If a screen is never navigated to, it will be "hidden" for all practical purposes -- only the author will ever see it, never the app user.

Please see the navigation reference:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-navigate/

Radu Gruian [MSFT] ** PowerApps Staff

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Perumal
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I am unable understand your requirement. PowerApps by default shows the first screen, when the user runs it. Depending on the action on the screen, the user is navigated to various screens and user can't directly goto a particular screen of his choice, there is should be some action to navigate. Are you trying to hide controls on the screen based on the data?

rgruian
Power Apps
Power Apps

Please use the Navigate() and Back() functions to navigate to and from the screens you define. These functions can be used in behavior properties (actions), when you can also consult user input (selection in dropdowns, etc) and manipulate other data. If a screen is never navigated to, it will be "hidden" for all practical purposes -- only the author will ever see it, never the app user.

Please see the navigation reference:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-navigate/

Radu Gruian [MSFT] ** PowerApps Staff

Some minutes after writing the post this also came to my mind.

But thank you for answering.

Anaf1999

Hi, I have the same "problem", I would like to hide some screens if in the sahre point the cell is blank, but i don't have any idea.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,505)