cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiding default sharepoint failure message in powerapps

Hello All,

I have SharePoint list with unique field and i have created powerapps for the list.

Whenever there is duplicate value for field it shows default failure message which is not user friendly. I want to show my custom message instead of default message.

I have added custom message in Forms Onfailure action but it now shows 2 messages, Default message and Custom message as well.

How to show only custom message.

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rsaikrishna 

I found solution to this issue.

Along with below formula I have added one variable to achieve required results.

if(IsBlank(LookUp(<SharePointList>,Title=tbTitle.Text)),SubmitForm(<Form Name>),Notify("There is already an item with same title" & tbTitle.Text, Error))

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rsaikrishna
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Anonymous 

PowerApps providing some error handling functions such as below:

a. Validate

b. IfError

c. Error

d. few more functions.

I tried above and no luck so far. 

For immediate workaround, OnSelect property, before calling SubmitForm(), place a LookUp function. If the LookUp returns blank, there is no item which matches the value. So, you can submit the item. If there is already a value, then show your custom error message.

For example: 

if(IsBlank(LookUp(<SharePointList>,Title=tbTitle.Text)),SubmitForm(<Form Name>),Notify("There is already an item with same title" & tbTitle.Text, Error))

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

@Anonymous 

After I saw your message, I was checking all the error handling functions. But, when I kept a Notify() function in OnFailure, I did not get two messages. I could see only one message which is my custom message.

Save your app, close the app and give a try again and post here with your finding.

BTW, the workaround mentioned in my previous post will also help you.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rsaikrishna , Have you tried on Mobile, In web browser we see only 1 message and other message hidden behind it.

In mobile app you clearly see both the messages.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rsaikrishna , Workaround not working for me as i have same edit form for New item and edit item case. In case of edit item it does not work. It gives custom error message only doesn't allow to submit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rsaikrishna 

I found solution to this issue.

Along with below formula I have added one variable to achieve required results.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,668)