cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bf
Frequent Visitor

Hiding multiple choices from SharePoint form

Hello,

I have a drop down box that lists choices from a SharePoint column. For example, these are 'Not Started', 'Started', 'In Progress', 'Finished' and 'Sent'.

I want to hide 'Finished' and 'Sent' from the PowerApps form, because they are set by another application and I don't want users selecting them from the SharePoint form.

I've done a bit of a search but cannot find a solution that hides multiple items. Can anyone give me a hand?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @bf ,

Try something like

Filter(
   Choices([@YourListName].YourFieldName),
   Value <> "Finished" &&
   Value <> "Sent"
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @bf ,

Try something like

Filter(
   Choices([@YourListName].YourFieldName),
   Value <> "Finished" &&
   Value <> "Sent"
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

KrishnaV
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @bf ,

Change your dropdown formula like this:

If the column is single line of text:

Filter(Distinct(Sort(SplistName,Title,Ascending),Title),Title<>"Finished" And Title<>"Sent")

If the column is choice field:

Filter(Choices(SampleList.Status),Value<>"Finished" And Value<>"Sent")

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bf ,

Which type column do you use to store these Choice options? Choice type column?

Do you want to hide the 'Finished' and 'Sent' from the Choice field ComboBox List in your SharePoint custom form?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I agree with @WarrenBelz 's thought almost. Please try the following workaround:

Go to your Sharepoint custom form, unlock the Choice field data card, set the Items property of the ComboBox to following:

Filter(
       Choices('YourSPList'.ChoiceField),
       Value <> "Finished" && Value <> "Sent"
)

or

Filter(
       Choices('YourSPList'.ChoiceField),
       Not(Value in ["Finished", "Sent"])
)

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xida-msft thank you for confirming the posts of mine and @KrishnaV - pretty much what we both said.

@bf , please tag whoever you want to continue this thread with.

Hi @bf ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bf ,

Have you taken a try with the solutions we provided above?

Please take a try with above solutions, then check if the issue is solved. If you have solved your problem, please consider go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bf
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @WarrenBelz , your solution worked.

Sorry for the delay, I only get to play with this every so often.

Is there a quick and easy way to change what's displayed depending on the logged in user? Or should I start another thread for that?

B

Hi @bf ,

The built-in functions User().FullName and User().Email can do this. As neither are delegable, you can set (whichever one you want to use) as a Variable at App OnStart

Set(
   vUserMail,
   User().Email
)

and then filter against the Variable.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,202)