Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DGWolfe
Helper I
Helper I

Hiding radio input via button choice

Hi, 

I have two issues I am struggling with:

1.  I have radio inputs with 4 choices. Each choice makes a hidden gallery visible. HOWEVER, I would also like the radio input invisible until a button is pressed (the button is pulling information from a sharepoint list and adding to a collection). I have read lots of posts doing it in the reverse, yet I cannot seem to nail the formula? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

2. Further to the above, I would like to have "checked" icons turn visible each time a radio choice is selected. This is to help the user quickly identity what choices have been viewed. Again, I am struggling to hide this on a specific choice. I can get them to turn visible when the radio input as a whole is selected, but I need to narrow it to the radio selected choice.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @DGWolfe 

just to clarify:

1. you want the radios to be invisible until you click on a button?
    • Buton OnSelect = UpdateContext({_RadioIsVisible:!_RadioIsVisible})
    • Set RadioButton's Visble = _RadioIsVisible //this will toggle the visibility of the radio button; you can alter the function to once visbile it must remain visible
  2. I assume the "check" button is in the display galley as a checkbox
    • usually the filter on the gallery display the choice selected in the radio - can you explain your case more 
    • Set Checkbox Default = yourRadio.Selected.Value

Hope this helps

Thanks Rubin,

In regards to Q1, it worked perfectly! Thank you.

In regards to Q2. No, these are no checkboxes. They are "tick" icons. They sit next to the radio button choices. I  want to turn these green each time a radio choice is selected.

Hi @DGWolfe ,

In regards to Q2. Do you want the color of the "tick" icon to change color depending on the radio button option? You could modify the "Fill" property of the "tick" icon to fill the color.

vJessicaGmsft_0-1643105381151.png

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @DGWolfe as per @v-JessicaG-msft you can fill it or set its color to Green.

Colour = If(_RadioIsVisible, Green, DimGrey) //this will make the tick green when visible else 

DGWolfe
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you @rubin_boer & @v-JessicaG-msft 

This does work, but I was hoping to use the ticks like a checklist. There is a tick against every radio option, not the radio input. The intention was that when each choice in the radio input was selected, the corresponding tick for that selection would turn green to notify the user that that choice has been chosen.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PWREduCon768x460.png

Join us at PWR EduCon - A Power Platform Conference

Learn from the top Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate & Power Virtual Agents experts!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,624)