Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

High risk users

Hi 

I am administrator of the Office365 at our school. Often I get mails from Microsoft to get my attention about high risk users. I want to create a SharePoint list that can daily be automatically updated with the names of those high risk users from Office 365. Is there a way to write a Powerapp or a Power Automate flow to obtain such a list?

Thx in advance!

Walter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: High risk users

Hi @Walter ,

From your description, it seems that you want to create different SharePoint lists with Flow according to the date. Currently you can add new items to SharePoint list with flow. But the list and columns must be created already. You cannot create new lists with Flow.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@Walter 

You can accomplish your goal by creating a flow.  The trigger would be "When A New Email Arrives In Outlook" and the Task would be "Create A New Item In A SharePoint List".  You can control which emails will create a new list entry by specifying identifying features of the email like: sender, subject line, contents, etc.

Here's a link to the template:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/13d3f3a0db6b11e6b070f5b13cd24608/once-an...

And a screenshot

capture7.PNG

Our brothers and sisters on the Flow Community forums are always happy to lend a hand if needed

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Power-Automate/ct-p/MPACommunity

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

@mdevaney  Much thx for your reply but it seems I don't understand how this flow could make this possible. Maybe some further explanantion of my goal can make the problem more understandable...

On a daily basis I get "User at risk" in my inbox, since I have administrator rights on our tenant. When I click on the link 'View detailed report' in this mail than a browser window opens with a list of all risk users in the tenant. Some users have high risk, others have low risk or medium. The list shows the users name, risk status risk level and risk date.

What I want is a sort of script (a flow?, a powerapp?) that runs every night and checks this Azure risk list for new users with risk level "high". This filter can be based on the risk date. All users that are filtered this way should be automatically put in a sharepoint list; the list is initally empty.

After that another script runs that automaticaaly sends an e-mail to the risky user with the attention to this user that his password will be changed on a date 7 days after the first occurunce of the risk date for this user.

My collegeau at school told me this could be achieved with a Powershell script but since I'm not a Powershell adapt I was wondering if this could be done with an app or a flow.

Thx vor your attention.

Walter

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@Walter 

I had to make an assumption that the names were listed in the email since no example was provided.  This Flow has the correct idea but requires a few additional steps.  I would suggest you post this in the Power Automate Community instead. You’ll get a quicker and better response over there.  

Link to Power Automate Community
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/bd-p/FlowForum

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Walter ,

From your description, it seems that you want to create different SharePoint lists with Flow according to the date. Currently you can add new items to SharePoint list with flow. But the list and columns must be created already. You cannot create new lists with Flow.

If you would like this feature to be added in Microsoft Flow, please submit an idea to Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,472)