cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Highlighting One Row in a Gallery when Modified

Hi there! 

I have a source data list from SharePoint that populates a gallery, from that gallery the user edits the form which patches over to another SharePoint list.  So the source list stays in tact and the audit list is updated. Is there a way to highlight/color the row in the gallery when that item has been patched over to the other list.  The goal is for the end user to be able to quickly identify which ones they have done and which they have not.  

Thanks!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Helper III
Helper III

Hi! @RachelPalya1  You can use the property "TemplateFill", and then put the color with RGBA(0; 0; 0; 0). For example:

TemplateFill

If(Gallery1.Selected.Status = "OK",
RGBA(new color), 
RGBA(current color)
)

Hope it helped you

If this post answers your question, please mark my post as a solution!
If you like my post please click thumb up

Hi @ricardox180, thank you for your response.  I updated my template fill with what you provided based on a helper field I added "change".  I update the change field to "Changed" and nothing happens. 

@RachelPalya1 The other way is for selected item, try with this

If(ThisItem.Status.Value = "OK",
RGBA(new color), 
RGBA(current color)
)

Unfortunately, that also didn't work.  I was able to find an alternate solution though.  For the OnSelect button in my edit form, I updated it to collect the title name.  I added a checkmark to my gallery and for that only made it visible if the title was in the collection.  That seemed to do the trick, thank you!

@RachelPalya1Ok, Good for you!. I'll shared with you the following formatting conditions that i used for my gallery, Hope it helps you in a future:

Status icons:

status_icons.png

Text color

status_color.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,143)