Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
F4b
Level: Powered On

Hightlight words / Twitter connector

Hi,

I am working on a Canvas application allowing to search for tweet from Twitter according to a tag (see image).

I've two questions:

1. Some items displayed in the gallery don't contain the tag I am looking for. I think it's RT or subtweet. Is it possible to filter the gallery to have only the tweets containing the searched tag ?
  2. I would like to be able to highlight the searched tag the gallery (in red or in bold, for exemple). I tried something with the HTMLtext control but it didn't work. Do you know if it's possible to do that ?

PS: to display the content of tweets in the gallery, I use the Tweetext function.

If anyone has answers to my questions...

Thank you! 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
EricLott
Level 10

Re: Hightlight words / Twitter connector

You can use Filter() on the gallery to filter the results even further to only include the search term. Something like

Filter(YourTweetCollection,TweetBody=SearchTerm)

The HTML text control would be my guess as well, I'll try something on my end and let you know.

---
If this answered your question, please click "Accept Solution". If this helped, please Thumbs Up. 

EricLott
Level 10

Re: Hightlight words / Twitter connector

I used the HTML text control and this formula is working to replace the tweet body text with bold text based on a search term

Substitute(TweetBody, searchTerm_tbox.Text, "<b>" & searchTerm_tbox.Text & "</b>")

Try this in an HTML box and see what I mean

Substitute("This is a sample of a Tweet body text..","Tweet","<b>" & "Tweet" & "</b>")

The example above uses "Tweet" as the example search term.

---
If this answered your question, please click "Accept Solution". If this helped, please Thumbs Up. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,478)