cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LostHighway72
Frequent Visitor

Holiday / Vacation Request App

Hi There,

I was wondering if anyone has attempted / succeeding in building an app to manage holiday / vacation requests?  I have seen this type of app in demo's howevever I am struggling to get hold of a sample app to work/learn from and adapt.

I want to implement a solution that allows the user to request holiday, and then it goes for approval.  The user has a summary screen of thier approved / rejected holiday.  I am debating storing the data in SQL on Premises, so it is easier to report on, versus a SharePoint online lise.  However I am guessing SP online will give me greater approval functionality when called from Flow?

If anyone would like to share their thoughts, etc I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
LostHighway72
Frequent Visitor

** Update **

I have bulit an App using a SharePoint list then with Flow, got the approval piece working as well, which is great.

Some more points to consider which any advice on would be great.

1/ Only showing current users holiday requests, I am guessing some kind of filter?

2/ My manager commented on that he would like to be able to check his calendar to see if the leave can be approved, not sure if this can added into the approval email at all?

But for a functional prototype it kind of works, super impressed with the fact you can connect all of these datasouces so easily!

Hi LostHighway72,

Glad to hear that it works.

For your first question, that depends on the data source, if you would like to only show some special values, we could take use of Filter function in PowerApp, the language used in PowerApp is modeled on Excel language, which should be easy to deal with:

Filter, Search, and LookUp functions in PowerApps

For the second question, if the flow is using "Send an approval email", currently I can't think of an available way to involve the receiver's calendar, and the "Get Calendar" option would require the proper User (The Manager) Credentials.

What the proper way that I could think out, is the following scenario:

When a new Holiday / Vacation Request item is generated in Sharepoint, create a Flow under the Manager's credentials to get his calendar, then check to see if the holiday request would have any conflicts with the Calendar events, and involve the proper contents into the Email.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you help me making a similar application?

Hi, could anyone share a holiday request app with me or do I need to build from scratch (not something I can do) 

Thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,883)