cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Horizontal gallery height limit in scrollable canvas: bug or user error?

I'm using a horizontal gallery within a scrollable screen. For some reason, I cannot extend its height beyond a certain amount (819 pixels I think). This is despite both the underlying datacard and canvas being extended far in excess of this height. 

To clarify: I seem to be able to extend the 'gallery' height, but each 'entry' is limited to 819 pixels height. This means I cannot enter all the info I want into the gallery and seems to defeat the point of using a scrollable canvas 🙂 

A further note: I can actually extend each label/item within the gallery beyond 819 pixels by manually entering its respective y value rather than dragging it downwards. But this is 1) very tedious, as there is a lot to adjust and 2) every so often, Powerapps forgets the y values and dumps everything at 819 pixels (vertical position). 

Am I missing something? Is there any way around this? Using Chrome browser. Please see the attached image. 

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Horizontal gallery height limit in scrollable canvas: bug or user error?

Hi @Anonymous ,

I looked into it and it seems we have a height restriction of 768 pixels. It seems like increasing that would be reasonable. Consider leaving a feature suggestion for expanding the the height in the Ideas section.

As for PowerApps occasionally forgetting y values -- that sounds like a troubling bug. If you can figure out a set of steps we can take to get that bug to happen, that would greatly help us in tracking it down and fixing it!

Thanks,

- Paul C.
Software Engineer on PowerApps
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Horizontal gallery height limit in scrollable canvas: bug or user error?

I'm running into this limit being an issue for my application as well. Did anybody add this to Idea forum? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,501)