cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KyleJ
Helper II
Helper II

Hover Fill vs Selected Fill?? ComboBox

My mind is blown right now, I refuse to believe i cannot change the HOVER fill of ONLY THE OPTIONS YOU ARE HOVERING OVER.

WHY WHY WHY WHY is the Fill of the Selected Item Text being applied to the HOVER FILL property?!?!?!?!
I chose green for clarification on the Highlighted portion in question.

KyleJ_0-1608070352605.png

"No symptoms/Not Exposed" is the selected Item in my ComboBox. 
My mouse is hovering over the "Exposed" Option. It is filled, green, as expected. 

But WHY is the selected option text (within the text portion of the control) also highlighted?!?! I want that to be a nice, uniform white background, just like the rest of my form. i am NOT hovering my mouse over the Combo Box Control. It makes no sense to change the color there. 

KyleJ_0-1608070758252.png

I have ONLY selected this green for the "Hover Fill" property (also referenced as the middle "fill" icon in the "Hover Color" portion of the control properties pane on the right hand side. Image above.)

KyleJ_1-1608070899599.png

I expect a nice Hover-Based color transition for UI for Selecting a Dropdown Item(working).
I do not expect my form to have a random color thrown into it because of a Hover property for a control I'm not hovering on(Not Working). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rizkyaditya
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello @KyleJ 

But WHY is the selected option text (within the text portion of the control) also highlighted?!?! I want that to be a nice, uniform white background, just like the rest of my form. i am NOT hovering my mouse over the Combo Box Control. It makes no sense to change the color there. 

From what i understand, you want the SELECTED color of your combo box to be just white in background, and black for the font color.

Just like the other unselected color.

Maybe you can change these two properties of your combobox :

SelectionTagFill : White

SelectionTagColor : Black

Let's see if that's what you need.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Digital
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Yeah I've found that annoying in the past. Maybe whack an idea up.

rizkyaditya
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello @KyleJ 

From what i understand, you want the SELECTED color of your combo box to be just white in background, and black for the font color.

Just like the other unselected color.

Maybe you can change these two properties of your combobox :

SelectionTagFill : White

SelectionTagColor : Black

Let's see if that's what you need.

View solution in original post

OMG that was driving me bonkers. Thank You. 

KyleJ_0-1608128443856.png

The default of that property (how have I NEVER noticed that property? I would've sworn I read through the whole list in detail looking for some way of targeting the "SelectionTag") Is what was linking it to the Hover Fill.... still doesn't make any sense, Microsoft! They don't need to be linked! 
Glad I know now. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,927)