cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hover fill over multiple items in a group act as one button (how to merge layers)

The following button has 3 items. Image for the barcode scan, Label for the background and Label for the "Scan." I put them in a group, however when I change hover fill for the group all 3 items are acting as individual items. 

Is there a way to merge them to act as one?

Also, how can I make it so I see the pointer finger cursor?

iconHover.gif

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@WhatisPowerApps 

We think it is unsupported to use hover. Check this here: Hover & Unhover which can update other controls and properties 

You can get close with OnSelect perhaps.

We think "Hover" idea would only work on PowerApps when run from computers or laptops or other devices that have some kind of mouse, trackpad, or other mouse-like device attached - because to our understanding mobile devices don't have cursor.

Since PowerApps is intended to revolutionize modern productivity on computers, tablets and mobile devices all at the same time, this may be why the feature is not yet prioritized, though we cannot be sure why something was or was not prioritized. That's just what would be our line of thinking if we were the ones that made PowerApps.

You can try upvote the already mentioned and linked idea, it may influence the idea to be implemented in the future, though no guarantee.

Highlighted

@dynamicsedge 
I didn't know I can't do that. If we can merge layers, that would work too. Thanks for replying so quickly.

Highlighted

@WhatisPowerApps 

@WhatisPowerApps wrote:

@dynamicsedge 
I didn't know I can't do that. If we can merge layers, that would work too. Thanks for replying so quickly.

Try this:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/enhanced-group-experimental-control-with-layout-control-a...

Enabling enhanced groups

To opt-in to the new behavior, first open the App settings > Advanced settings.

Then under the Experimental features section, toggle the “Try the enhanced Group control” switch.  Now when new groups are added, it is the enhanced group instead of the classic group.

Grouping multiple controls

When multiple controls are selected, the existing Ctrl+G keyboard will add the enhanced Group control and move the selected controls as children.  A subsequent Ctrl+G will ungroup the child controls.  The group and ungroup commands can also be found under the Home > Group menu.  To convert an existing classic Group into an enhanced Group control, use the Ungroup and Group commands.  The ungroup will remove the classic Group and if the enhanced Group is enabled, the group will a new enhanced Group.

Below has multiple controls selected.
Highlighted

@dynamicsedge 

That's what I did. That's the result of the gif from my post changing hover fill as a group didn't work. Grouping just organizes the layers and able to move together as one item. It didn't merge all layers under.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

what works for me is 

create a second button and make it transparent, place it so it covers the area your users will select (image, original button, text). set on the onselect property of this second button to what you want it to do. set the hoverfill property to a transparent colour.

check out this solution below

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Changing-HoverFill-attributes-between-differ...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,449)