Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuelJ
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

How Are dates stored in Collections

Hi How are dates stored in collections?

I have stored a date in a collection and looking at the collection i see this long sting.  What does it represent?
collectionDate.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@samuelJ 
That date looks like it is being stored in UNIX time.  For example, if you put this code in the Text property of a label

Text(1588921200000,"[$-en-US]mmmm d, yyyy")

The result will be

May 8, 2020

I only see dates stored in collections like this when the datasource was originally SQL

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@samuelJ 
That date looks like it is being stored in UNIX time.  For example, if you put this code in the Text property of a label

Text(1588921200000,"[$-en-US]mmmm d, yyyy")

The result will be

May 8, 2020

I only see dates stored in collections like this when the datasource was originally SQL

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,251)