cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft
Microsoft

How Can I Add Attachments to my App?

So, I can't for the life of me figure out how to add my attachments as a control to my form.

I have a CDS Entity that has the attachments option enabled. I'm editing my form (by going to make.powerapps.com, then going to Data > Entities > [My Entity] > Forms > [My "Main" Form]). However, nowhere am I seeing an option to add attachments. I've found a bunch of videos and tutorials on the subject, but none of them resemble my environment.

I also tried using create.powerapps.com/studio (thinking "studio" had more options), but I can't load my form using that interface.

What am I missing??

Thanks

Christine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @xChristine7714,

This is by design. Since Notes are a child record of the Parent record, you cannot add NOTE until the parent entity is saved.

You had to first create the record before you could add a note, activity or any other record to it. You have to save a new record to the database before adding related records to it.

Please refer to the following screenshot when you Edit the record.

Snipaste_2020-03-24_11-14-38.png

Sik

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @xChristine7714 ,

Besides using Notes Entity to store attachments, there aren't really any good out of the box solutions to your problem.

What I would recommend is integrating SharePoint with the model-driven app in order to manage your documents. This enables you to store and manage documents on SharePoint in the context of a CDS Entity record. Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/add-documents-tab-entity-main-for... 

Hope this helps.

Sik

Hi, thanks for the reply. btw, what is Notes Entity?

Hi @xChristine7714 ,

When you enable the Notes and Attachments feature of Entity, the entity is automatically related to Annotations/Note entity, where you can save Note or attachments.

Try to add a Timeline control in the form, and then you will be able to upload Notes and Attachments into Note entity, related to the current From record.

Snipaste_2020-03-23_10-15-17.png

Sik

Hi, so we added a Timeline control, but the attachments interface isn't showing up. In designer, it says "This record hasn't been created yet. To view this record, save it to your timeline." I'm not sure how to do that. In the actual portal, it says "There are no notes to display."

Hi @xChristine7714,

This is by design. Since Notes are a child record of the Parent record, you cannot add NOTE until the parent entity is saved.

You had to first create the record before you could add a note, activity or any other record to it. You have to save a new record to the database before adding related records to it.

Please refer to the following screenshot when you Edit the record.

Snipaste_2020-03-24_11-14-38.png

Sik

View solution in original post

You can't add a note/attachment to a record until you save the record??

Hi @xChristine7714 ,

Yes, you are right.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (74,714)