cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DHoxeng
Level: Powered On

How Does Site Inspector Template save image to one drive folder

I am mimicing the Site Inspector template for my app.  I have everything working as I want except when I go to save the image from the camera, it is saved within the Excel doc, not the folder.  I would like to have the images save to the folder as the Site Inspector template does.  I do not see anyplace within the template that tells the powerapp to save to the folder instead of the spresdsheet.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advanced for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Power Automate Staff audrieg
Power Automate Staff

Re: How Does Site Inspector Template save image to one drive folder

The excel file should have a path to the image, rather than the image itself. There should be a folder created for you when the first image is saved. However if the excel is at the root of the OneDrive it can be hard to find.

Try using the search box on the left of OneDrive files and search for the name of the excel file, the folder should have the same name followed by "images" so they both should pop up.

Let me know if that helps.

Audrie

DHoxeng

That makes sense, however I do not see how to make the Powerapp save the image to the folder.  It seems to want to save it directly to the spreadsheet.  

Power Automate Staff audrieg
Power Automate Staff

Does your spreadsheet look a little like this (without the tag column)?

spreedsheet.PNG

If it does then the folder name is what follows ".\" and precedes the long GUID.

Let me know if this helps.

Audrie

DHoxeng

That is what I see when I use the template, however, when I try to use my own app, based on the template, the photo is saved into the spreadsheet, not the folder as a file.  

savedfile.png

Is it possible I do not have something correct in my Excel sheet?

DHoxeng

Ok, so there must be something in the Excel file that I was missing.  Once I copied the spreadsheet from the template over to my app's onedrive space, the camera images started saving as files.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,243)