cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How a single PowerApps application target both Mobile and Desktop

Is it possible to have a single Powerapps whihc functions both on Mobile and Desktop/Tablet browser ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How a single PowerApps application target both Mobile and Desktop

Hi @v-deench,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want a single app to function both within Mobile and Desktop?

I agree with @RandyHayes's thought almost. I think a single PowerApps app could achieve your needs.

If you have created/published an app within your PowerApps already, you could run your app within Web browser, Desktop, Mobile device/Tablet device at same time.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

By default - an App does.

However, you have to choose the type ahead of time and this will dictate the screen sizes.

Choose tablet an it will have good results on desktop/laptop/tablet.  On a phone, it will be in landscape mode only and can be small depending on how you size your objects.

Choose mobile and it will look good on mobile, but seem limited on desktop/laptop/etc.

You can't create both on the same logic.  You would have to incorporate the logic into two apps - which can be a versioning nightmare. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Not really...I mean they will both work but they won't swap when you rotate and I think they have no intentions of adding that ability.

For these cases I either:

create one that works fine on Mobil (in regards to button sizes, text size, etc) and then it also works fine on the computer

Or

more often I build two

I have one app that is actually three: one just launches the other two so at the home screen it asks you which you want so they all go to the 1st App and from it they select the desktop or mobil one. 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @v-deench,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want a single app to function both within Mobile and Desktop?

I agree with @RandyHayes's thought almost. I think a single PowerApps app could achieve your needs.

If you have created/published an app within your PowerApps already, you could run your app within Web browser, Desktop, Mobile device/Tablet device at same time.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,538)