cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hasan-cahillgrp
Frequent Visitor

How can I add, edit, remove rows from a dropdown list on a Power Apps Form that I am creating

I am working on creating an IT Requirement's Form for our company. The current IT Requirements Form needs to go and be replaced by a Power Apps version of the Form. The data will be saved on SharePoint.

This is how the original form looks like - (highlighted in red is the part I am having trouble trying to recreate)

hasancahillgrp_3-1654193914347.png

This is what I have made so far - (page 1)

hasancahillgrp_0-1654193033255.png

(page 2)

hasancahillgrp_2-1654193578917.png

My problem is on the 2nd page where I have to have rows of data which can be added or removed. It can have any number of rows of items which can be added or removed. The screenshot above shows the second page and the highlighted in yellow part has been edited. This is what the goal is where I am trying to make an editable row. Where I can add rows, remove rows, edit rows by clicking buttons. Also being able to save the info on SharePoint (if that is possible.) Just like this -

hasancahillgrp_4-1654194606379.png

I have customized the SharePoint list using Power Apps and this is how the SharePoint List looks.

hasancahillgrp_5-1654194803564.png

It's been weeks since I have been trying to figure this out and I cannot find anything yet. Help would really be appreciated.  I can provide more screenshots or info.

7 REPLIES 7
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

If you could provide better screenshots of the original app process you are trying to mimic that would help. When we just copy paste images into these forums they dont show up very well, try uploading those as an attachment so when i open them they show full size.

also let me know where you are currently saving the dropdown options. (whats in the items property)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

hasancahillgrp_5-1654194803564.pnghasancahillgrp_0-1654193033255.pnghasancahillgrp_3-1654193914347.pnghasancahillgrp_4-1654194606379.png

[edited reply]

The original app is the one that looks a bit dated and the new looking one is the Power Apps version. I am working on the Power Apps version trying to saving the drop down items in SharePoint. But the dropdown is coming from an Excel file which is in OneDrive.

hasancahillgrp_0-1654257796120.png

I can totally change my data source to having it hard coded on the dropdown like this -

(Items: ["Please select", "Hardware", "Software", "Other"])

but I am trying to add multiple rows of this 

hasancahillgrp_1-1654259533671.png

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Ok figured that was what was happening. So assuming these dropdown adds need to stay in the app for all users I would use removeif to take the record out if hitting the x, and patch a new one in to the source for adds. Syntax wise I know how it works for doing this in sharepoint, but if different slightly for excel I am not sure because I never use excel as a source for powerapps anymore.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.

Hi @TheRobRush thank you for your response and I want to let you know I have made some changes to my plans to make the project easier and less complicated. I would let the user choose from a dropdown and let them type in the next two. Then save the info on a multiline text field with an add button.

So each time the user hits the add button their selection would go to the multiline text field.

hasancahillgrp_2-1654260935564.png

And the multi line text field would be numbered something like

Type Selected            Requirements Selected                Comments Added

1) Hardware             1) Docking Station                    1) I need at least a 180 watt capable docking station

2) Software               2) Adobe Writer                        2) Need 1 license copy for work laptop

...                               ...                                               ...

something like this. the user selects the Type and types in the requirement and comment then hits the add button which would like above.

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

you will need to collect all their chocies into a collection, and number them with a variable as they are collected. If something is removed will have to do a forall with a variable to renumber anything in there etc.

Instead of using collection can't I store it as plain text in the multiline text box? And the data stored in SharePoint like this -

hasancahillgrp_0-1655128650625.png

If it makes things simpler I can skip the numbering and replace it with a dash at the beginning. such as -

-Hardware        -Laptop                -12th Gen i7 Intel

-Hardware        -Monitor              - 27 inch 1440p

-Software         -Power Apps pro  - 1500 license copies

Here's how the form looks 

hasancahillgrp_1-1655128968410.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,359)