cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adi1607
Frequent Visitor

How can I add individual timer controls in my gallery?

ScreenshotScreenshot

I am developing an app for time study. I have all the tasks in an gallery. I want the timer to start and stop for the individual item. Currently, every the timer starts for every item in the gallery.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Adi1607 

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Adi1607 ,
You need another field in the gallery to identify the timer as the one to start - see below

TimerStart.gif

In this case, I have a Booleen (yes/no) field TimerRun in the gallery data with the Default of the checkbox set to this (so your Start button would need to update a value in the item). The Start button (which you can do the same on yours) would Patch to this field

Patch(
   YourGalleryDataListName,
   ThisItem,
   {RunTimer:true}
);
Refresh(YourGalleryDataListName)

and then 

Set(vTimer,false);
Set(vTimer,true)

The Start on the Timer Control is

vTimer && ThisItem.TimerRun=true

Reset your data field OnTimerEnd

Patch(
   YourGalleryDataListName,
   ThisItem,
   {RunTimer:false}
);

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @Adi1607 

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

View solution in original post

How did you created TimerRun in gallery? I am getting error when I try to put ThisItem.TImerRun=True

@ajoshi ,

That is a mistype on the top reference. It should be RunTimer as per the other code

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (67,420)