cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwrappr01
Level: Powered On

How can I create row numbers in a collection?

I have a collection I am creating from a SharePoint list. I would like to add row numbers to it so I can reference each item in the collection individually. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: How can I create row numbers in a collection?

@pwrappr1
Every SharePoint list includes an ID field by default. It is a unique row number you can reference individually. Does that work for you?

If you want to make a new column with a unique row number I suggest you check out this blog post by forum user Tim Leung: http://powerappsguide.com/blog/post/generating-row-numbers

Note: you may have to unhide the column to see it in your SharePoint List webpage but PowerApps will already be pulling this field in.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

@pwrappr1
Every SharePoint list includes an ID field by default. It is a unique row number you can reference individually. Does that work for you?

If you want to make a new column with a unique row number I suggest you check out this blog post by forum user Tim Leung: http://powerappsguide.com/blog/post/generating-row-numbers

Note: you may have to unhide the column to see it in your SharePoint List webpage but PowerApps will already be pulling this field in.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Highlighted
datamaster
Level 8

Hi @pwrappr01  I have a blog post on https://officepoweruser.com/how-to-make-a-gallery-control-automatically-scroll-in-powerapps/ that creates a row number. I think this will help you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------OfficePowerUser.com------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up. 

pwrappr01
Level: Powered On

@mdevaney  and @datamaster , thank you both for responding. What worked for me was the link @mdevaney provided. Really helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,982)