cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rprahalad
Helper V
Helper V

How can I customize the look of my Attachment control?

Hello All,

I just saw a YT video where the author had a '+' icon on the screen and an attachment control (stripped off of a PowerApps Form ) together in a Group BUT on the Page when he runs the app, the attachment control is nowhere to be seen and he clicks on the + icon  instead (and not on the 'attachment control icon') to upload files to SharePoint.  I paused his video at one point and noticed that the Visible was set to On on the attachment control as well. 

I am trying to simulate exactly that behavior on my screen and I tried pretty much everything and brought everything to front, set things to Transparent and tried Select(Attachment control) etc. BUT I just am not able to simulate that behavior. 

Can you please let me know and give me ideas how one would simulate an attachment control's behavior on an Icon click?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rprahalad
Helper V
Helper V

I was able to figure it out finally.  The key was to Reset the Attachment control the minute you add the file to the collection. That way you don't get to see the scroll bars and you don't get to see the file names attached. Also, blank out all text default values of the attachment control. Set Borders to 0 and set the BG color to ScreenBGColor.  Put the icon on Top of the attachment control and works just like as if you clicked on the + sign to upload the files. 

Again, this attachment control is the one that you pluck out of a form. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rprahalad
Helper V
Helper V

I was able to figure it out finally.  The key was to Reset the Attachment control the minute you add the file to the collection. That way you don't get to see the scroll bars and you don't get to see the file names attached. Also, blank out all text default values of the attachment control. Set Borders to 0 and set the BG color to ScreenBGColor.  Put the icon on Top of the attachment control and works just like as if you clicked on the + sign to upload the files. 

Again, this attachment control is the one that you pluck out of a form. 

I've stripped everything, but I still see the paper clip. Anything to add for that?

srose
Advocate II
Advocate II

I got it too -- thanks! You also have to pay attention to the order of the items as they are displayed. So the icon goes behind the attach control.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,701)