cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edhalsim
Regular Visitor

How can I extract data from cells in an Excel spreadsheet attached to a list item?

I'm new to working with PowerApps, though I'm a long-time SharePoint developer.  I have a situation where list items have an attached Excel spreadsheet.  I need to add a custom button to the list item view form that when clicked does the following:

1. Find the Excel spreadsheet attached to the list item.
  2. Extract data from various cells in the spreadsheet (a dozen or so).
  3. Call an external RESTful API passing-in the extracted data as JSON.

Is this possible?  I can't change the format of the spreadsheet as there are too many to update.

Thanks for your help.

1 REPLY 1
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@edhalsim 

This MIGHT be possible using Microsoft Automate to start a Flow on a click of the button but it definitely can't all be done in native PowerApps.  I would suggest you post this question in the Flow community as well because that's where the difficult problem-solving will occur.

Link to Power Automate Community
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Power-Automate/ct-p/FL_GeneralDiscussions

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (43,737)