cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

How can I filter a SharePoint list to include a list of specific IDs?

I am about at my wit's end thanks to the IN operator not being supported by Microsoft for SharePoint lists. I have a list called Categories with the following sample items:

IDItem
1Online
2On-site
3Private

I am pulling those list items into a multi-select LOOKUP column called Categories in a SP list called Events that could appear as follows:

EventCategories (Lookup)
Planning ConferenceOn-site;Private
Training EventPrivate
WebinarOnline

Obviously, behind the scenes, the categories are the item IDs when pulled into Power Apps, so the same list appears as follows:

EventCategories (Lookup)
Planning Conference2;3
Training Event3
Webinar1

I need to be able to filter the LOOKUP column to show all list items that contain a particular category. In this case, I would want to filter to Private and have only "Planning Conference" and "Training Event" populate.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Please try this:

Filter(Event, 3 in Categories.Id)

Sik

Highlighted

The IN operator is non-delegable with SharePoint lists, so only the first 500 values will be returned.

Highlighted

I don't do it often...you will have to see if it slows it down but 500 is the default. You can go into the settings of the app and raise that 500 to 2,000 if you need to. I have one app I had to do that on.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,235)