cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aec2018
Microsoft
Microsoft

How can I get a cancel button to set the parent visibility to false?

I'm creating a custom component that's basically a text input box with apply and cancel buttons to filter a column.

aec2018_0-1633563652023.png

If the user decides to not filter anything, they'd hit cancel and the whole component's visibility should be set to false. I tried setting Parent.Visible = false in the onSelect property but that doesn't work. I tried creating a custom boolean property on the whole component called showFilter and setting the component's Visible property to it so that I could do UpdateContext(Parent.showFilter: false}) in the onSelect property of the Cancel button but I get an error saying that formula/function isn't supported. Am I going about this wrong?

On a side note, is this method going to affect performance if I have a table with 30+ columns and each column will have one of these custom components attached to it, all with visible set to false? Is there a way to just dynamically have the component rendered on the page when a user clicks the filter icon on a column?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,436)