cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aec2018
Microsoft
Microsoft

How can I get a set of text inputs to stick to data table headers when a user scrolls to view other columns?

I have a data table with enough columns that a user will need to scroll to view them all. A user should have the ability to filter each column so I've placed a filter icon and a text input to each column as such:

aec2018_0-1633646089151.png

The problem is that when the user scrolls, these input texts and filter icons aren't attached in any way to the data table. So this happens:

aec2018_1-1633646332324.png

The input boxes and filter icons are stationary. I can't connect the .X property of each input to the .X property of each column, unfortunately. At least, not in any way that I can see. A gallery table doesn't have native horizontal scrolling so I don't see how I can achieve this with that component, either. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @aec2018 ,

Vertical galleries with a slider bar to horizontal scrolling is a quite common scenario in Power Apps.

Please refer to below blog with detailed steps:

https://michalsacewicz.com/power-apps-horizontal-scroll-in-a-vertical-gallery-with-freeze-panes-effe...

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aec2018 ,

The build-in horizontal scroll bar of the Data Table control could not affect any other controls or components. Therefore you will need a vertical Gallery, a Vertical Container with two Horizontal Containers one with those Text Input boxes and the other with Labels as headers, along with a Slider as the scroll bar for all the Containers and the Gallery:

vjefferni_0-1633944052981.png

in test mode:

vjefferni_1-1633944107430.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hi @v-jefferni ,

Thanks for your response. My gallery table will have 35-40 columns of data and I don't think vertical galleries support horizontal scrolling, correct? How will I be able to add 35 columns to a vertical gallery so that I can apply the scroll bar to it? Thanks. 

Hi @aec2018 ,

Vertical galleries with a slider bar to horizontal scrolling is a quite common scenario in Power Apps.

Please refer to below blog with detailed steps:

https://michalsacewicz.com/power-apps-horizontal-scroll-in-a-vertical-gallery-with-freeze-panes-effe...

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,026)