Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tamer66
Helper III
Helper III

How can I identify a comma in a text?

Hello,

i have a sharepoint list with a Person Field with more as one Persons.

How can i show this Persons in a canvas, is this generally posible?

An other way for a solution would be to use a normal text field in the ShaerPoint List and put the names in there. But what when i have more as one Person, How can I recognize the individual person in the text field in my canvas?

My Problem is, i need in my SharePoint List a Field with more than one Person and want to select this

Persons in my canvas to show their Office Profil like Phone, Pic, Email ...

Is this Possible?

Thanks & regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Tamer66 

In the case of creating linked contacts to a different screen,

try creating a Gallery within your gallery 

for the nested gallery Items property use ThisItem.Members where Members in your multi people picker column

In this sub gallery,

each item will be individual person and you could then use image or button on click to Navigate to other screen and pass user context as variable so the other screen can show contexual information

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Tamer66 

For a person picker field with multi selection

You can get the values for emails in semi colon seperated fashion as

Concat(ThisItem.Members,Email,";") where the Gallery data source is the sharepoint list and Members is the multi person column

Just like Email property, you can get display name, picture etc. or use O365Users connector data to get more info

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi @RezaDorrani 

thanks for this tip and this works pretty good and I learned something new again. I've got one more question,

is it possible when i get with concat Formula e.g. 3 Persons Emails seperated with ";" in a label or Textinputbox and

klick any email Adress to navigate to a another screen?

My problem is, i want show the persons (2 or more) from the Sharepoint List  in this case with your formular that are works great and klick any person to navigate to another screen with details for this person.

This is a realy important feature for our app.

Thanks & regards

RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Tamer66 

In the case of creating linked contacts to a different screen,

try creating a Gallery within your gallery 

for the nested gallery Items property use ThisItem.Members where Members in your multi people picker column

In this sub gallery,

each item will be individual person and you could then use image or button on click to Navigate to other screen and pass user context as variable so the other screen can show contexual information

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

View solution in original post

Hi @RezaDorrani 

thanks it works great!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (74,553)