cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pathum
Helper II
Helper II

How can I reset Combo box on change of selected items from two different drop down ?

I got two drop downs Division & Category one Combo Box Brands, Categories depends on Selected Division, Brands depends on Selected Category.

I want to reset the selected items on Combo box if the Division and Categories are changed,

Currently i'm using variable on Reset property of combo box and change the value if Category changed

And set empty object to DefaultSelectedItems if Division Id not equal to selected Category's DivisionId.

I have to implement this reset functionality to three separate screens and these are within a Form. In one screen this works fine and once i do the same on second screen it doesn't seems to work. 

Only when Reset property works not DefaultSelectedItems.

Anyone has idea on why this happens ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerGirl
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi pathum,

What has worked for me is that I set up the resetting variable to true and then to false in the same step. For example, in your case: in the "On Change" property of the combo box "Division & Category" you would add

set(ResetVariable, true); set(ResetVariable,false)

then on "reset" property of Combo Box Brand (or whatever combo box you want to reset) you add "ResetVariable".

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PowerGirl
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi pathum,

What has worked for me is that I set up the resetting variable to true and then to false in the same step. For example, in your case: in the "On Change" property of the combo box "Division & Category" you would add

set(ResetVariable, true); set(ResetVariable,false)

then on "reset" property of Combo Box Brand (or whatever combo box you want to reset) you add "ResetVariable".

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,197)