cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ppei
Resolver I
Resolver I

How can I save a customized form as a template?

I created a customized form based on a SharePoint list. Now I want to save the form as a template so I can use it to create another form. I can create SharePoint list template but it doesn't include the customized form. Anyone has any ideas how I can do it? I just don't want to create all my similar forms from scratch.

Thanks in advance.

Pei

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ppei,

Sorry but so far you cannot save the SharePoint custom form as template in PowerApps. If it only contains the Form control, actually it's not very complicated to recreate the Form in other lists. In Form control, you only need to select the data source and then add the fields that you need by checking the check boxes.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ppei,

Sorry but so far you cannot save the SharePoint custom form as template in PowerApps. If it only contains the Form control, actually it's not very complicated to recreate the Form in other lists. In Form control, you only need to select the data source and then add the fields that you need by checking the check boxes.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you! But I wish MS can add this feature in future. It will actually take a lot of time to reproduce it if we have changed some settings (formulas, conditional formatting, etc.)

I agree. There should be a way to save the customized forms, preferably with the list template. I need to create more than 10 lists for different audiences that have the same structure and the same forms. I have separate screens for the New, View, and Edit forms with customizations on each, so it's not a simple matter to just create a new form and attach it to the list data source.

MI2022
Frequent Visitor

Hi Community, we are now in 2022, is there already a way to save a customized form as a template to be used on different SharePoint Lists?

If not, can someone explain technically why?

If yes, what's the solution and do I need to buy any premium license/add on?

@ppei @ProtivitiDan @v-monli-msft @microsoft 

ruttles

I am also looking for this. I have to create similar forms for 7 different lists. 

Rosay

Is there a solution for this yet? I am having a similar issue. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (1,964)